Monday, February 1, 2010

Dess...trap...



A Dutch accent is hard. Super hard. Killer, actually. I recently got cast in Deathtrap, which opens at WICA on February 12. I play Helga ten Dorp, Dutch psychic.


In order to prepare for this role, I watched the movie with Michael Caine and Christopher Reeves. Also, Austin Powers in Goldmember. (Please note that Michael Caine is in both films. Coincidence? I think not.)


Chris Fisher directs this stellar cast: Ed Cornachio, Shelley Hartle, Sean Brennan and Phil Jordan.


Ed was my scene partner for the first show I ever was in at WICA: The Good Doctor. I got to scream at him, beat him and jump on his desk in that play. And stab some potatoes with his pen. This play, there's a desk in almost the same position onstage, but I don't get to climp atop it. I do get to scream a bit, but it's not him upon which I inflict physical violence...Deathtrap is great fun and will keep audiences guessing til the very end. Come and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment