Thursday, June 2, 2011

Songwriting 365


So, this is my brilliant and cunning plan--to write a song a day for a year (inspired by "A Daily Creativity Journal 365: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!") I will post the lyrics to this blog every day or so :-) Watch for exciting randomness!


June 1st: GunShy:


Let my light refract thru your prism
And I will take you prisoner
They say love is a battlefield
You and I will start a civil war.

Chorus (2x):

You don't need an alibi
You don't have to justify
It's not that you don't satisfy
You're just a little gunshy.

You need to loose and lose your inhibitions
And start focusing on our chemistry
Our elements will start an explosion
This may very well be World War III!

Chorus 2x

And now for the moral of our story:
(my psycho-sensual dark knight)
This is our Hiroshima, honey
Just light my fire and we'll be alright.

Chorus 2x




June 2nd:

Pink Elephants on Parade


There are lions on the run
Seahorses in the sun
Lobsters in the ocean
Giraffes with such devotion
And if you come quick
The image might stick
Of pink elephants on parade
Pink elephants on parade.



When I become more tech savvy, I will endeavor to post the rough garage band tracks as well :-)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck!!! I did the same thing last year but with crafting, it can be a challenge around day 100, 250, 300... etc. Have fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete